Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 47...Daddy Issues


Here is the thing; I never like guys who like me. Right now there are guys asking to take me out on dates, to hang out, to fly me all the way across the country, so I know I can play the dating games, that I can be normal, that my awesomeness can translate across to the opposite sex but the thing is, as soon as I think you don’t like me, all sense of normal is out the window. I can’t stand when I guy I like doesn’t like me and I lose all good judgment in dating protocol and make an ass out of myself.  These guys that actually show interest in me are all awesome guys, they are funny, smart make me laugh, probably better picks then any guy I’ve picked since breaking up with Kermit, but they bore me. They are predictable, stable, understanding, and normal. That is not what I am drawn to. I pick assholes, guys who are emotionally unavailable, who have zero interest in dating; one of them still had a girlfriend. Those are the guys I like.

I will pick these guys and obsess over every detail and conversation. I will drunk dial them at 2 in the morning (may have drunk dialed SSM Friday night because I am an emotional cutter), I will say things to make it awkward, I will do weird things. I am just generally awkward when I like you.  It’s like I never got over that awkward 13 year old dating phase. I reply to every text in way to much detail, I become clingy and maybe even borderline needy, I throw my life out the window to bend to yours, can be talked into any thing and basically every dating rule I told you to follow, I don’t .

I mean, I can do these rules, but only when I think that you like me, in some way or another otherwise I can’t. When I was sure Skipper liked me, I had no problem saying I didn’t want to hang out, that I had my own shit to do and I didn’t care if he texted me or not, now I care, now I wonder what I did wrong (obviously, I know, the signs are all there).

When I was out for dinner with Jenna last night, I told her about my theory, about how I only like guys who don’t like me. She said she didn’t date like that at all, if a guy didn’t show interest, his loss, and she wouldn’t care. Most of my friends are like this, except for me, Dana and my other friend Jimmy.

The thing is it kind of sounds like a daddy issue does it not? Begging for guys to love of when they don’t, that has daddy issue written all over it. Except the fact of the matter is, all three of us have parents that are still happily married, dads that loved us and would do any thing for us if they needed to and all of us have had perfectly normal up bringing. The other thing we all share in common is a younger brother, who is gifted in some way. Dana’s brother, Mike, is exceptionally smart (just like her dad), Jimmy’s brother is a pro soccer player in Europe (just like her dad was), and my brother is smart and gifted when it comes to things my dad is passionate about, hunting, fishing, wildlife etc.

I mean, it could really have nothing to do with it; it could just be that all three of us girls are fucked in the head, but I think it’s a little weird, that all three of us share the same dating pattern, and all three of us come from similar family dynamics. I believe I just Dr.Philled that shit and it’s amazing I still work on this office job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment