Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 34: 12 Things I Learned in 2012


2012 was a year for huge changes and only Fifteen days late I am going to reflect on twelve life lessons I learned this year.

  Never lose yourself in a relationship – 
if it’s one thing I learned from Kermit it’s that I will never put some ones hopes and dreams above mine.  I will support you but if it means holding myself back and giving up a part of me I will leave. I will put myself above all else

Relationships and people change and you need to let them go 
people come into you’re a life for a reason and all that jazz. I can tell you that this year has brought me closer to certain people, people I want in my life forever, people who love and care for me and have become a part of me. Some of those people are a million miles away, and some our ten minutes away from me. At the same time I let go of a lot of toxic relationships this year. I don’t deal well with change but I am learning to let go and let the past be the past

Failing is a part of life 
from a failed event to relationships, I had a lot of failures last year but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try again. It means you have to learn from your mistakes and keep trying

 It’s okay to ask for help 
 I hate asking for help, hate it. I should be able to deal with every thing and any thing but the truth is you can’t and asking for help doesn't mean you've failed it just means you need help

Give people a second chance 
 People make mistakes, it happens, give them a chance to make amends but I’ll be damned if you screw me over more than twice

 Take time for yourself 
The thing with Kermit is I was usually putting his needs first and mine second. I never took time for things I wanted to do and it’s probably what I regret most. I went from being an independent women to some one who was needy and just wanted to make her boyfriend happy. Yuck. I hate those people. I became one of those people. Some one should have hit me.

 Communication is key 
from my job to friendships one of the biggest things I took away from 2012 is that a conversation can save a job, relationship, or friendship. There were points were I wish I would have communicated with people about how I felt and there were times when I did and it didn’t make a difference and times when it did. Either way you need to voice how you feel, people can’t read minds. Also you have to do it effectively. Telling some one “you are a fucking lunatic” is not healthy communication. Although some times it’s needed

Pay your bills first then party 
 I am still working on this but wine is just so good. It’s some thing my dad has told me for most of my adult life, for some reason I never listened. I would get paid on Friday, spend my money partying then not have enough money for gas to get to work. Don’t do that. Unless you don’t mind hooking for gas money. Then by all means, party away you crazy hooker.

 Don’t make excuses for people  
I have this annoying quality where I believe the best in the people I care about. I just want every one I love to get along and sing and dance and hold hands. Usually it bites me in the ass, because some people are shitty people and I choose to ignore that. I let them take advantage of me, walk all over me, put myself second. Well 2013 I am not doing that this year. I will not make excuses for people being awful people.

It’s OK to cry 
The coupon queen is a tough lady. I have so much respect for every thing she has been through in her life. She has had a hard life and in a way its made her hard. I never felt like I could cry in front of her or any one. I would keep it in and not let any one know I was hurt. You can’t do that. It’s okay to cry some times but you also have to know when to pull up your big girl panties and get the fuck over it cause no body likes a whiny little bitch.

 Your family is there for you know matter what 
 I hands down have the best family and moving away from them showed me just how much I value them and their crazy antics. From tap dancing with my sister to working out with my dad to crying in front of my mom, my family is my rock. That includes my close friends, who I know I can lean on no matter what. I’d like to think I have 5 sisters, two brothers and a mom and dad. But I don’t think some of them are actually crazy enough to be part of my family.

Don’t over trust that fart 
 I’m not going to explain this one…I think you get what I am saying 

No comments:

Post a Comment