Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 46...The day the awkwardness wouldn't end


If you follow my on Facebook you know that Friday was the most awkward day of my life. I left a post that I was editing up on my work computer. Boss man read it and left me a nice little note for Friday morning. I said sorry and he laughed and said it was okay. I am assuming he got some the night before because he is generally happier when he is getting laid. But aren’t we all.

I had a date night with Jeffrey on Friday night, don't be jealous I am that cool. We went and watched hockey then made our way over to a pub where I got drunk (obviously, my boss just read one of my blog posts, I needed to drink). My life choices when I drink are always shocking and of course this night was no exception. I came out of the bathroom and saw Skipper. Talk about awkward encounters, he looked in worse shape than I did. I swear to Jeus, I can't make this shit up. Why sweet, two pound, baby Jesus

Normal people would go and say hi, normal people would find a way to delude the awkwardness from the fact he hadn’t text me back, normal people wouldn’t care. I am not a normal person so I didn’t say any thing and walked right past him and went and sat back down with Jeffrey. Jeffrey always one for charm took one look at him and went

“Justine you are trying to hard and that guy is definitely not worth the effort. You can do so much better than that.”  

Jeffrey has a way with words and I have a way of disregarding the right choice. The thing is he is probably right. I know I could do better but this Skipper character has some thing about him that I like. Maybe it’s the way he makes me laugh, maybe it’s his penis, maybe it’s a whole lot of different things.

During a smoke break, one of Skippers friends (who clearly did not know who I was or the fact that I slept with Skipper) came to tell me how beautiful I was (which is always nice) and after a short conversation asked me to come meet his friends. I said no, which apparently didn’t mean any thing to said friend because he picked me up and brought me over there anyways. Why do things like this happen to me!? Did I do something in a past life to make sure I get put into the most awkward situations ever.

He introduced me to all 5 of his friends including Skipper and I just said

“ya we’ve met”

Great choice of words right? I thought so, and then I ignored Skipper and went back to hearing how pretty I was from his friend. This was a lot better then being pleasantly ignored by Skipper.

Well after 4 more drinks and decided to confront Skipper, which is always a good choice.

He stumbled out words about being drunk and that’s why he didn’t text me back (this is when you know you've picked a winner FYI), some thing about day drinking and I made it awkward by saying he could make it up to me by taking me for breakfast tomorrow. He said he would text me, I said ya right…that isn’t happening. Legit. Those words came out of my mouth. If he didn’t like me before he sure as fuck doesn’t like me now.  

He did text me the next day...saying he was to hung over to do any thing...so I was technically right. But at least he texted me?  Which leads me to my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment