Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day Six: Today it hurts


And I just want to tell you it takes everything in me not to call you. I wish I could run to you and I hope you know that every time I don’t, I almost do. Because in my dreams there we are again, in the middle of the night, we are dancing around the kitchen in the refrigerator light. Because there we are again, when I loved you so, back before you lost the one real thing you’ve ever known. It was rare, I was there, and I remember it all too well. And maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much, but maybe this thing was a masterpiece till you tore it all up. But we made quite a mess babe, it’s probably better off this way and I confess baby in my dreams you’re touching my face, asking me if I want to try again with you, and I almost do.

Time is taking its sweet time erasing you, because we had a beautiful, magic, love affair. But I am done hoping we can work it out, I’m done with how it feels, spinning my wheels, letting you drag my heart around. I’m done thinking that you could ever change. I know my heart will never be the same, but I’m telling myself it will be okay, even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment