Friday, February 15, 2013

Casual dating dilemma


So I’ve officially given up on on-line dating, after 4 penis pictures, one extremely creepy guy that I am going to keep private, one awkward first date and countless messages from men that I have zero interest in…I’ve sworn it off.  I’m sorry folks; I know you were all looking forward to hearing about my on-line dating adventures. But to be honest I have know problem getting dates in real life and the men on that site are sub-par.

But when it comes to dating how much is too much?

Since Kermit, I have been on 5 dates. That may not seem like a lot to you but keep in mind that I cried for the first month of our break up so I’ve only been dating for about a month. Or maybe you see where I am coming from and it seems like a lot. I think it’s a lot. Basically one a week and there was potential for more that I backed out of with excuses like ice fishing trip, terminal illness, and one unexpected holiday to Mexico. It’s exhausting and looking back I need to come up with better excuses.

But that’s what dating is about isn’t it? Dating different guys, seeing what’s out there, try to figure out what type is good for you?

Currently I guess I am casually dating two guys, at the same time. Mathew Mchottie and Awkward first date guy who I gave a second chance after he corrected my grammar in a text message. What can I say; I am a sucker for condescending assholes. Now this is easy because Mathew Mchottie is in Toronto and awkward guy is here. I couldn’t imagine the juggling skills required to pull of two guys in the same city.

Neither guy is exclusive, although they’ve both expressed that that is where they would like to see it end up. So should I feel guilty for dating two guys at the same time? Does it make it okay because one is in Toronto? Because if any thing I just feel worse that he flying me out to see him and I am casually dating another guy. Although that I would like to point out that me and Mr. Awkward have not so much as kissed or held hands, we had our awkward hug but that was it.

So in my personal dilemma I went to Jenna and posed my question to her…how many is too many. She said 5 at the same time. That sounds exhausting but that’s a lot of free dinners. So that’s an upside…although that may make my belt size go up.

The flip side to that is one at a time. I feel like that’s putting all my eggs in one basket. But is exclusively casually dating the way to go or am I okay with taking casual dating for what it is…casual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment