Tuesday, September 25, 2012

College Reunion 101



Well, it had to happen sooner than later. I received an e-mail today from one of my old college classmates saying that our class is having a get together.
I went to college, mostly because I was getting sick of working mall jobs and thought college would be fun. It looked fun in the movies and college was even better in real life. So much better that I am two courses short from graduating. I graduated from beer bong to keg stand in a few weeks, but it was the actually classes such as stats that really threw me for a whirl; but I still get invited to these shindigs because there were only twelve people in my program and we were a pretty tight group, and people like to gloat so they know to invite me because I can’t one up them. But we were a close group especially the underachievers. But the majority of them were upstanding contributing members to the program and college and life in general. They took school seriously like it should be taken. Yes mom, I learned my lesson.  
But every one knows the person who likes to rub it in your face how totally awesome there life is. Even though most of the time I don’t think their life is awesome. Sure they are more together then I am, but how many Beersbee May long championships have they won? Zero. Me? Four. So who really wins.
Both way there are a few gloaters in this graduating glass, and if you don’t sit there and say how awesome they are they tend to get annoyed.
But really, I am not looking forward to this, because although there were a few of us who kind of coasted along they have seemed to have found good jobs, related to what we actually took in school. I know I am not a pole dancing with my sneaper hanging out but I am not really all that together. In the last two years I’ve gone through my share of bad office jobs, one in oil field (because I live in Alberta and at some point every one works in oil field), one for some kind of finance company (where I worked with the spawn of Satan), one door to door selling job (where I would really just go home and nap), and now this one, where I have been employed for the last 7 months with smelly boss man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment